Wednesday, April 20, 2005

*yawn* that felt good.

Heading back to the hospital now, napped and showered. G reports Jack is doing awesome.

I wanted to share one last impression of Jack's birth yesterday. I stood there at my wife's feet as he emerged, all covered with womb-stuff, kinda blue-looking, with that great big cord dangling behind him. Dr. Katz held Jack right up near my face as he aspirated him and gently nudged him into this life. And it appeared to me to be happening at once in the slowest motion possible, as if frozen in time; and as fast is it possibly could, as if speeded up. Before I knew it it was over, but while it was happening I was frozen there, agog, amazed, wordless, completely out of my depth but feeling I was exactly where I needed to be. I just wanted to share that on the blog before I forgot in all the fuss.

No comments: