Thursday, April 28, 2005

Even more improvement

Jack had a visit to the doctor today for yet another blood test. This time he is down to 14.6! Hooray! The doctor would like to see him a) down below 14 and b) spending time off the lights with no rise in bilirubins to show he is cleared up, so at 12:00 midnight he went off the lights and tomorrow morning there will be one more (hopefully last) test. We're so glad and we have every confidence of him being all cleared up.

I had to return to school today after our appointment. Got some work done at school and went to two classes, leaving G at home to tend to our new guy. Hard to do. I really missed seeing him and playing with him, although I got a few great minutes of eye-to-eye staring tonight which just moves a dad in incredible ways. Tomorrow I'm in school in the morning -- not editing yet until next weekend -- and evening, with a doctor appointment of my own in the afternoon; G will be taking Jack in on her own to his morning test.

So life is very slowly becoming its new version of what constitutes "normal," at least for the next couple of months. As the time draws near for G to return to work and for us to move (July or so) things will get crazy again! In light of all that, I am going to start updating my personal blog again, and leave this one for exclusively Jack-related tidbits. I have projects and things going on -- hard to focus on with little Jack being so fantastic -- and it's time I started shifting some of my focus in that direction, and diarising is a help.

Meanwhile, the Jack updates and photos will continue of course! Like the one below. Compare his color to a similar picture further down and you will see, I think, the big difference his treatments have brought about.

No comments: