Saturday, June 18, 2005


smiley1, originally uploaded by laughograms.

It seems odd and perhaps I am imagining this behavior in an 8-week old but during the day Jack seems to be playing a little game with me. I'll offer him his Binky and he'll act like he wants it as I get it into his mouth but he'll never clamp down on it. As I draw it away he starts getting this coy little grin, like, "I got you, Daddy." I'll do it again and again and again with the same result and usually he'll eventually get bored but he smiles bigger and bigger and bigger each time and looks pleased with himself. Now, he most likely just enjoys the sensation of the binky bouncing around, but it feels rather like those games your dog will play with you -- pretending he can't see you out of the corner of his eye as you try to catch him, and then bolting away with an air of superiority. Anyway it's delightful.

No comments: