Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wake-up call from Godzilla

6:00 am. The alarm clock goes off. Screw it. Back to sleep for a bit.

7:00 am.

"Daddy. Wake up."

A small man is standing next to my bed.

"Huh? Wha? mumble mumble."

"Here are your glasses."

"Oh, er, hi, buddy. Uh, thanks." (fumbling with glasses) "You're up early today."

"I want you to get up and play with me."

"Huh? Whaddaya want to play?"

"I want you to play with my Godzilla toys."

A recent trip to Jungle Collectibles in Little Tokyo (a/k/a "The Godzilla Store" as Jack likes to call it) yielded Jack birthday presents of Rodan, Anguirus and Ultraman action figures, to go with his existing Godzillae (original and Millenum), Destroyah and another present from his party, King Ghidorah (a/k/a "the best present ever", as Jack declared it).

"OK, buddy, well, why don't you go get them and bring them up here into the bed."

Jack toddles out of the room, returning with an armload of monsters.

A battle royal ensues with the bed, blankets and pillows standing in for Tokyo. Jack wants to use Godzilla. So does Daddy.

"Oh, wait a minute. I will go and get my other Godzilla, so you can have a Godzilla, too."

"Oh, that's so nice of you, Jack."

Jack trundles off, returning with Millenium Godzilla.

Needless to say, the towers of Tokyo are laid waste utterly.

How did you wake up today?

No comments: