Monday, October 05, 2009

Hot Wheels update

Jack slept with his new Hot Wheels car -- it came with the shark set -- last night. He awoke at 5:30 or so when Genevieve was leaving for work and she was soothing him back to sleep. With his little eyes scrunched up he grumpily dug in his bedclothes for a bit until his hands emerged clutching his Hot Wheels car. Grasping it to his chest, he laid back on his pillow and went right back to sleep.

Jack woke this morning and came toddling into my office as usual, rubbing his eyes and clutching his car. He climbed into my lap for the traditional wake-up hugs and then sat up and told me his car had a new name, "Flamefire." And apparently its engine can pop up and has guns that shot flames and it can transform and stand up and so on and so on. "Awesome!" I said.

"Breakfast time!" I said. He held up his five fingers. "OK. I'm going to play with my Hot Wheels shark for this many minutes."

"OK, buddy." And so he did.

1 comment:

blueyes said...

love this post