Monday, May 07, 2007

Jack and I spent a day at the Long Beach Grand Prix a few weeks ago. At first Jack was frightened by the loudness of the cars, and my God they are thunderous! I tried to give him earplugs but I would get one in and he would have it back out by the time I inserted the second. Anyway he soon got into it. When he saw the cars coming down the stretch he'd point and shout, "CAR CAR CAR CAR!!!!" Cars would roar past and he would wave his arms around shouting "YeeeeeOOOOOOOOOWWW!! Go! Go! Car! Car! Car!" And then it would be silent and he would turn to me, palms upraised. "All go?" he'd ask. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The cool part (see above) is that the convention center served as the garage for the many different styles of race cars, from LeMans and LeMans GT cars to little import drifting racers like the Subaru pictured above. You can walk around and check out the cars and even talk to the mechanics, and the drivers if one happens to come by. I liked getting a shot of Jack with the car driven by a guy named Sheehan.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!