Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Baby steps

No pics today, at the moment -- some are upcoming from Jack's trip east -- but I thought I would announce to the world that Jack took his first official steps last night. Genevieve and I were eating supper and Jack was playing next to us; standing up, he thrust a block toward me. "Do you want to give that to me?" I asked. I was so focused on the block that I didn't notice what he was doing. Genevieve said, "forget about the block, aren't you noticing something?" And suddenly I realized he had taken two steps forward without holding on to anything for the first time. He took a few more, giggling as he went (and we reacted with glee) and obviously very proud of his new skill, before plopping onto his butt to much applause (Jack, of course, joined in -- he loves clapping). As he walked I did my best Dr. Frankenstein impression ("It's aliiiiive!") in honor of Jack's lumbering gait.

Very exciting and delightful. I'll try to get some video of it soon.

No comments: