Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Mr. Mom is in the house


zzzzzz, originally uploaded by laughograms.

Today, alas, Genevieve had to return to work. So it's time for me to become Mrs. Doubtfire around the Sheehan house. Yes, Jack and I will be spending the summer together (unless some huge fellowship comes through). Jack of late has been suffering large quantities of gas, so much so that he spends a lot of his post-meal time doubeld over and grunting in pain. It's heartbreaking and there is very little we can do about it other than keep him comfortable and stretch him around a little bit to help ease things out of his system. The night before last he was up most of the night with me and Genevieve. In the morning I took him to the living room and coaxed him into a nap for a couple of hours. We both caught some shuteye as you can see above. Last night Jack was all crabby and gassy once again and Genevieve, poor thing, was up most of the night with him -- he would drift off to sleep, and you'd figure ahhh, at last -- and then he'd be up again, bright-eyed and grunting. Genevieve fed him this morning before leaving for work at the brutal hour of 5:30. I fed Jack at 6:30 while watching an episode of the new Doctor Who which I downloaded from the Internet (which was excellent, especially by Doctor Who standards). Jack has been totally passed out ever since. I have to wake him now to give him another bottle, much as I'd rather let sleeping jacks lie. Then we have a couple of errands, and it's back home to have a meeting with my fellow filmmakers about a thesis project.

No comments: